Monday, March 21, 2011

Par-tay

If I had to find one constant aspect of when I felt happy, I would have to say it is when my house is filled with people. Yes, it's a lot of work preparing, it's a lot of work when they are here and it's also a lot of work to clean up after them. Doesn't much sound like a recipe for happiness, does it, and yet, it really does make me happy.
Planning each detail, or over-planning as my family accuses me each time, is something I do well. I love to take a get-together from concept to completion and know that I thought of everything to make it special for all the guests. I can look out during any party and see people laughing, interacting, eating and enjoying each other with gusto. Yes, it makes me happy. It's kind of like building a puzzle at the dining room table. Piece by piece it comes together, frustrating at times, and yet, when it's completed, you stand back and admire your handiwork and you know it was worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment