Saturday, March 5, 2011

Duh - Winning!

If you have been living in a cave, perhaps you have not heard the latest catch phrase sweeping America, if not the world ~ "Duh! Winning!" coined by Charlie Sheen on many interviews this week. I have mixed emotions about this whole story. Why can't someone with so much talent and even more money behave himself? Is his self destruct button so large that he is willing to throw it all away? Is he capable of pulling himself together?
Many of us shake our head and wish we had the means to say exactly what we are thinking at any given moment. Crazy or sane, he is spouting whatever comes into his mind at the time it does. When I do this, my husband tells me I have no filters!! Between what my brain is thinking and what comes out of my mouth ~ no filters!! This can be a problem for us non-Charlie Sheen folks living regular lives in suburbia. Believe me, I know! We are held to a standard in society that expects us to have filters for many areas of our lives. I think that may be one reason, besides the fact that they are perfect and beautiful, that I love my grandchildren so much. They have no filters! They say what is on their mind with no apology. Old people seem to do the same thing. We spend a lot of time in between youth and old age tempering what we think and say. Is it necessary for modern, civilized society or just another burden we carry?
Duh ~ winning! Why didn't I think of that?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment