Saturday, March 19, 2011

Eats!

These words are on the wall in my dining room. Out of all the sayings I could have put in my house, this one means the most to me. Food is the common denominator with people. We invite people to our home to share a meal. We meet a friend for coffee. We plan a night out and it usually includes eating somewhere. Food and people go together.
Many an evening is spent with all of us gathered around the table, eating, talking, laughing, refereeing the kids. The noise level usually rises to such a point that it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up! And yet, we keep coming back for more ~ and I don't mean just the food. We keep coming back to be together, to share the best part of our day. Cooking Sunday night dinners with my son-in-law is one of the highlights of my week. I am always a little sad when his work travels keep him away on Sundays as it feels incomplete without this ritual we have established.
These meals we share while gathered around the table, not only feed our bodies, but they nourish our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment