Sunday, May 19, 2013

Magic Shoe 5K

"Wow! I really regret that workout." said no one EVER!!!
Signing up for a race, having it staring at your on your calendar, can be both motivating and intimidating. These two lovely ladies ran the Magic Shoe 5K with me on Saturday. It was Amber's first, ever and Jenn's second, but she mostly walked the first one, so it was a biggie for her too. Yes, I am the crazy, older lady who keeps pushing and telling them they can do it and go, go, go! Anyone who has known me for a long time, knows how completely whacked that statement is. Never an athlete, much less a runner and now I cannot imagine running not being a part of my life.
They both had GREAT times and finished strong. I am so proud of them. We all run for different reasons. Amber has been on an exercise and healthy eating pattern since the new year and has seen huge positive results, on the scale and in her head. Jenn is a new mommy of less than five months and working on getting back into shape. Me, I like my pinot noir and want to be able to enjoy it without packing on the post-menopausal pounds.
Yes, it was hard, even for me, and it was my 17th 5K! I think the point is that it should be a little hard. Easy is for anybody and everybody. We, three, are hardly anybody!!!
Just put one foot in front of the other, girls...keep going...can't wait for the next race!!

No comments:

Post a Comment