Thursday, August 15, 2013

True Love



I am a big fan of Pink. She sings songs that speak directly to my heart! She is very honest about the fact that she and her husband have had their ups and downs in their marriage. Marriage is difficult for most. I can't imagine how it would be under the microscope of celebrity fame. A few weeks ago she released a song called "True Love". I must share the lyrics with you because they are SO TRUE!!!
 
Sometimes I hate every single stupid word you say,
Sometimes I wanna slap you in your whole face.
There's no one quite like you, you push all my buttons down,
I know life would suck without you.

At the same time I wanna hug you, I wanna wrap my hands around your neck.
You're an as***** but I love you, and you make me so mad I ask myself
Why I'm still here, or where could I go? 
You're the only love I've ever known, but I hate you, I really hate you, so much I think it must be...

True love true love
It must be true love
Nothing else can break my heart like true love
True love, it must be true love
 Or, as one of my dear friends says....Marriage starts with a diamond & a heart and later on, all you want is a club and a spade!!!
For those of you reading this who think it is a terribly jaded view of marriage, I say, let me know what you think after 10, 20, 30 or more years!!!
Happy Anniversary, honey. You are my TRUE LOVE!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!
    I thought I was impressed by your running! I think I am more impressed by your love of PINK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete