Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Camp Grammie

Last year, I started what I call "Camp Grammie". It's a morning of crafts, cooking and games. Yesterday, I had 14 campers ~ 6 boys and 8 girls!! Yes, it was a little hectic at times, but, overall, they were GREAT!! I made red and green pancakes in the morning and they ate them as fast as I could cook them! Some chose cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top, some had syrup and some chose both!! We made wooden Christmas trees, candy cane banners and more. The absolute favorite, however, was a Rudolph version of the hot potato game.

When you start him, his nose lights up and music plays. The kids pass it fast and try not to get stuck with it when the music stops. One by one they were eliminated until only two were left.
What was so beautiful to watch was how they each were cheering for those left. No one got upset when they were out. They still got to watch the action and laugh and clap. In an age of technology and electronics, it was a joy to see them enjoy a game that has been around since I was a kid!! Sometimes old is best!
Receiving emails and messages from moms letting me know how much fun their child had makes me feel so happy.
And I call this work...

No comments:

Post a Comment